Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finally finished

I integrated a very large feature today. I had to work both Saturday and Sunday; this really exhausted me and I need the team to hit it this week so we have a solid release.

I met Mattias' girlfriend for real today. We sat and talked about many things; she pissed me off a little but I clearly pissed her off to so I didn't respond to here comments much. I really like her and I know she has a very tough job and is exhausted; so I just brushed it off.

She made fun of my oncoming baldness however. I would think that would be over the line in most cultures. I though about making fun of her weight or something just to be nasty but as I said I really like her. Her attacks were basically a reaction; she feels I am a tech-snob and a salsa-snob. Both probably true, but I don't know a lot of people who have said that.

If she keeps it up I will ask if it makes her uncomfortable. I will also point out that her culture makes a point of normalcy and that I find this pathetic and suffocating. So, politely, screw off I like my long hair and my baldness.

Anyway, I am looking forward to what tomorrow brings and to talking over this iteration and what we can reasonably accomplish by the end of it. I will have a long, heart to heart talk with the rest of the team (PDT and flight control). I think everyone sees eye to eye about things; I just need some crazy stress off my shoulders.

I also need to think about what I can do every day to make the team more effective. A full plan of attack, I guess.

Chris

No comments: