Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some crazy shizzle

I attempted to give a group lesson today. It was kind of like:

me: explanation.
group: blank stare.

me: explanation.
group: blank stare.

etc.

This is going to be harder than I thought...

I should start moving from desk to desk soon, but I am not super comfortable with it yet. It is really weird to just sit at someone else's desk and start talking about something or ask questions.

On a better note, I got huge news today. Some unnamed company is probably going to acquire another unnamed company and should that happen people working at the acquired company will be able to pay off incredibly large loans quickly.

It is funny how people act under the pressure of nebulous, but expected awards. Specially people who have been working for them for a long time. They get nervous, pushy, and really drive me nutz. At this point I am so tired and delirious I don't care about much other than sleep and what is right in front of my face.

I had a crazy breakfast today; I should have taken a picture of it. I just walked to a chinese stand and started ordering what looked tasty. I ordered too much, and I didn't like it very much; it was mostly mild which stuff (rice flour or yams). But it had spectacular names and it was totally Chinese. While in Singapore...

Tomorrow I will have another group session and I need to think about it to see how I can make it more interactive. Perhaps if I put more energy into it; dance around and sing a ditty. The question is to get people used to contributing in a really nice, non-confrontational way. Perhaps ask them how to say things in Chinese or something like that. Perhaps they aren't going to until they relax a little bit.

Chris

No comments: