Sunday, February 10, 2008

Taichung Motha F#cka!

Went out with the next mayor of the city.

Remember how I spoke about police in from of the building?

Actually on second thought, if you want to know the details, lets talk in person.

Some times, you feel very successful. In my situation, the things you have worked very hard to get good at are recognized publicly.

Other times, you realize just how small the world is that you live in.

Tonight, I was in a different society who knew nothing about my world. They were amazing hosts, but you could tell that I was one of the sparkles on a very large, bright diamond. I didn't mind this, mind you, because everyone who was less of a sparkle wanted a piece of a larger sparkle. The women here are spectacular, btw. They don't need sparkles or diamonds to catch my eye, but a few don't hurt either ;).

I don't know how to put things when you are a very little fish. I didn't understand what was going on, but the man who was taking me out was the king of a city containing several million people. I don't understand how that happened, and I probably don't want to know, but when he spoke I tried very hard to understand and to respond in ways that he would understand.

I said (through an interpreter) that I really didn't understand Chinese culture. The developers who worked for me didn't do what I expected them to.

He response, with much disgust, was that if I was really serious I should date a Chinese girl. Clearly, anything less in his eyes was utter bullshit, so I dropped the subject. He is probably right, you know. Put your money (or what have you) where your mouth is (or would like to be)...

He then said that he had much use for a software expert. I don't know what to make of this, I said that perhaps we should meet the week after next. He said that much later would probably work better. What he doesn't know is that a certain very important person from a certain mammoth company just might be scheduling a visit. I offended him a little by not being able to meet next week.

On one hand, you have Chinese women, a life of god knows what, and Taichung for the forseable future.

On the other hand, you have my life now in Boulder (think Code Monk. Celebate. Single purpose...)

On the gripping hand, I got shizzle I already committed to that is going pretty well. Don't leave fun for fun.

Did I mention that Chinese women have amazing bodies? There was a stripper tonight and the interpreter asked if I wanted to meet her. I declined because I really, at some point, want something for real. But this girl could dance and I really was impressed by her amazing ass. I thought only Latin women had asses. Not so, round eye (or rather, in Taiwan, pointy nose), not so.

I am now watching Chinese television, writing to all my crazy readers, and taking care of the man of the house and his wife, Grandpa and Grandma Chang.

The dog jumped on grandma as she lied on the couch watching TV. I grabbed the dog and walked it upstairs to the kitchen.

The body guard grabbed a foam roller and smacked the poodle on the head, eliciting a surprised "Bark!". I relayed the situation to the man and woman of the house. They laughed. Pooch disciplined appropriately!

Chris

No comments: