Friday, February 8, 2008

Xin Nain Kuai Le!

I had two new years this year. The second one was infinitely cooler than the first.

I woke up, and Justin and I were just sitting around. He was reading in the pool and kind of just chillin. I wanted to get into the pool but I was too cold. So I convinced Justin to go for a run instead.

And what a run it was...

We ran for 1.5 hours in the Singapore afternoon sun. We took a cab to Bukit Tima park, and ran around in the jungle for 1 hour. It was straight up and down. It was too steep for a path in a lot of parts, and the stairs were varying heights, some over 1 foot high. It was really badass, super hot, difficult training. We saw a lot of monkeys, and several 2 foot plus monitor lizards.

Then we ran back. By the time we got to the apartment I was sunburnt on my shoulders, my legs hurt, and my chest had a permanent winded feeling. I can't believe Justin went from not running a few years ago to giving me a seriously hard run for the money. He is an amazing athlete.

Then, we went to an Italian restaurant. The food was OK. Trattoria on Pearl would totally blow this place out of the water, especially with the pizzas. The pizza's at Trattoria are really good (honestly the rest of the dishes are hit or miss), and they cost 1/3 the pizzas at this place. But really, even mediocre Italian food is pretty damn good.

Then, we both napped a while. A long while because we were almost at the point where speech was impossibly hard.

Finally, that night, we went to the best Indian restaurant I have ever been too, save perhaps the Golden Peacock. I wouldn't want to compare the hometown favorite directly, however, as it just might not come out on top...

Two massive gigantic meals and a superb run. What more can you ask for on a new year?

Chris

No comments: